Immigration – Spouse Visa (including Civil partners)
If your partner is a British national you can apply for a Partner visa that will allow you to remain in the UK for up to 5 years. If at the end of the 5 years you still meet the requirements you can then apply for Indefinite leave to remain in the UK. (For the purposes of a Partner visa, you must be a husband or wife or a civil partner of a UK citizen.)
It is essential that you have legal representation by specialist immigration solicitor to assist you with the process.
Hoole and Co. has specialist immigration solicitors who have a wealth of experience in dealing with Spouse and partners visas.
Spouse or Partner visa qualifying criteria:
- You must have a satisfactory level of English
- Both of you must be over 18 years of age
- Your relationship must be ‘Genuine and subsisting’ and you must intent to live permanently in the UK with your partner
- Your marriage or civil partnership must be recognised by UK law
- You must show that you can support yourselves and any dependents without having to claim benefits from the government
- You share responsibility for your finances and any dependents that you have
- You are currently in a long-term relationship together
- You are both living together and plan to remain so in the UK
If you would like to apply for a Spouse / Partner visa please contact us to speak to one of our experienced immigration solicitors who will be happy to assist you.