If you feel that you have been sexually harassed at work, you may be able to make a claim for compensation from your employer.
The law protects all employees from sexual harassment by either your employer, workmates or third parties.
Sexual harassment at work can take a number of forms, including:
- Unwelcome comments of a sexual nature
- Asking about a persons sexual habits
- Displaying sexually offensive materials such as posters
- Asking for sexual favours
- Unnecessary physical contact
- Sexually offensive or pornographic emails
- Sexually suggestive remarks or gestures
Sexual harassment can be based on a single event, or on a pattern of behaviour over a period of time.
Making a claim for Sexual harassment at work
Specialist advice should always be sought when dealing with any sexual harassment matter. Please contact us today to speak to an experienced Solicitor.