Solicitors in Bristol
solicitors in bristol

Court of Protection

If a family member becomes mentally incapable of managing their own affairs, it is often necessary for someone to apply to the Public Guardianship Office to be appointed as their deputy. This means that someone will be legally entitled to manage that person's finance and property matters.

There are a number of reasons why someone may become unable to manage their own affairs, ranging from old age related diseases such as Dementia or Alzheimer's, or because of a debilitating accident.

Deciding which legal route to take when you are faced with a situation where someone needs help is not easy and specialist legal advice should be sought.

More than one solution exists and one of our specialist solicitors can help you to determine whether the Court of Protection or a Lasting Power of Attorney is the most suitable route.

It is often the case with diseases such as Alzheimer's and Dementia that the person contact usinvolved will have fluctuating mental capacity, good days and bad. In these cases we may seek medical advice to help determine the best solution.

Here at Hoole & Co. solicitors we have a great deal of experience in helping people to deal with the Court of Protection. Whether you simply need help with the application, or you need more involved help managing the person's affairs, we can help.

Please contact us for more information.