Solicitors in Bristol
solicitors in bristol

Protection from Domestic Abuse

At Hoole & Co. we are experienced in dealing with cases of domestic abuse and violence.

We will act quickly and confidentially to find a swift resolution to your domestic abuse situation. This can be in terms of advice as well as pursuing legal remedies such as injunctions.

For immediate advice contact us to speak to one of our specialist family solicitors.

What is an Injunction?

We can apply to the courts for an injunction on your behalf. An injunction is a court order instructing someone (your abuser) not to do something. If they then continue with that behaviour they will be in contempt of court and may therefore be liable for immediate arrest.

An injunction will usually state that your abuser cannot contact you, harm you or harass you. This is known as a non molestation order.

In certain circumstances the injunction may include not allowing the person to come within a certain distance of you and not to contact you by telephone, text or email.

Can I have my partner removed from the home?

A type of court order exists, called an occupation order, which can state who can live in a property. This type of order can therefore be used, in some cases, to remove someone from your home. This can be done forcibly by the Police if your partner refuses to leave.

An occupation order can be made in conjunction with a non molestation order in cases where your are judged to be at significant harm from your abuser.

What type of behaviour is classed as ‘Domestic Abuse?’contact us

Domestic abuse can take many forms, including:

If you have been subjected to any type of domestic abuse please contact us for advice.