Product Liability Claims
If you have been injured due to a product which was faulty or badly made, you may be able to claim compensation for your injuries.
There has been a spate of incidents in the press recently relating to faulty products causing damage and injuries to people. It can be any type of product ranging from children’s toys to tumble driers.
Manufacturers and retailers have clear rules and laws which they must follow in relation to consumer safety. Failure to adhere to these rules can give rise to faulty or sub-standard products which can cause injury or damage.
Your legal rights are the same whether you purchased a product online or in a shop.
The main issues, which often lead to faulty products, are:
- Poor design of a product
- Failure by a manufacturer to recall a product they know is faulty
- Failure to display adequate warning notices on products
- Contamination during manufacture of a product
Below are a number of examples of where faulty products have given rise to injury and compensation claims.
- Electrical products causing burns
- Children’s toys causing injury
- Beauty and hair products such as hair dye causing irritation and skin burns
- Clinical products e.g. medicines
- Food purchased from a supermarket, takeaway or restaurant
- Household appliances such as tumble driers causing fires
- Poorly manufactured furniture causing injury
- Cars, bikes and other vehicles
We are specialists in claiming compensation for injuries sustained as a result of faulty products. We offer a free initial consultation where we will assess your claim and advise you on the best way forward. Please contact us for more information on making a ‘no win no fee’ compensation claim.
What is No win – No fee?
Your solicitor may take your case on a ‘no win-no fee’ basis. With his type of agreement your solicitor assumes the risk of not winning the case. If you lose, your solicitor does not get paid and you will not be liable for any legal fees.